Factors found to be associated with intimate partner and sexual violence occur within individuals, families and communities and wider society. Some factors are associated with being a perpetrator of violence, some are associated with experiencing violence and some are associated with both.
Risk factors for both intimate partner and sexual violence include:
- lower levels of education (perpetration of sexual violence and experience of sexual violence);
- exposure to child maltreatment (perpetration and experience);
- witnessing family violence (perpetration and experience);
- antisocial personality disorder (perpetration);
- harmful use of alcohol (perpetration and experience);
- having multiple partners or suspected by their partners of infidelity (perpetration); and
- attitudes that are accepting of violence and gender inequality (perpetration and experience).
- past history of violence;
- marital discord and dissatisfaction;
- difficulties in communicating between partners.
- beliefs in family honour and sexual purity;
- ideologies of male sexual entitlement; and
- weak legal sanctions for sexual violence.
Task: For the trimester, we are about to prepare the shooting of the promotional clip of the Short Ethic Movies Festival (now in its 3th edition). That's the reason why you should propose ideas. Something to should be done by all ethic students. Working in group, 2-3 people, with these items:
What is Gender Violence? how we can to combat? ...... a video around 3-5 minutes.
Remember, you can use all types of technological systems, with nice music related to movies or your personal creation.